hometour scheduletour archiveticketsbeneficiariespress and newscontact
maryland house and garden pilgimage

Where the Money Goes

The purpose of the Maryland House and Garden Pilgrimage has remained constant throughout its existence.  The organization was formed in 1930 as a committee of the Federated Garden Clubs of Maryland.  Now a separate corporation, its primary purpose was then and continues to be the preservation and restoration of architecturally and historically significant properties in the State of Maryland. The Pilgrimage has raised and distributed well over one million dollars over the past 73 years.

Among the many past beneficiaries of the Pilgrimage are:

 The Hammond Harwood House in Annapolis
Mount Clare Mansion in Baltimore City
Historic Tudor Hall in St. Mary’s County
The Patapsco Female Institute in Howard County
Historic Riversdale in Prince George’s County
Old St. Martin’s Church (1756) in Worcester County
The Littleton Long House in Somerset County
Historic Hancock’s Resolution in Anne Arundel County
Town Park in Chestertown, Kent County
Historic Christ Church in Charles County
The Calvert County Historical Society
Museum of Fine Arts in Hagerstown, Washington County
Sotterley in St. Mary’s County
Historic Hampton Mansion in Baltimore County
The Charles Carroll House in Annapolis
Francis Scott Key Memorial Sculpture in Baltimore City
Tucker House and Wright’s Chance in Queen Anne’s County
The Little Red Schoolhouse in Talbot County
Homewood Museum in Baltimore City
The Sykesville Schoolhouse (1903) in Carroll County
Meredith House and its dependencies in Dorchester County
Historic Oella in Baltimore County

The Pilgrimage is proud of its heritage and of the organizations it has helped support through 73 years.

Maryland House and Garden Pilgrimage Headquarters | 1105-A Providence Road | Towson, MD 21286 | 410.821.6933

Website developed by Berwick Associates